Monday, April 29, 2013

A Game Of Shadows

I hear them whisper

“Look how death has plucked

His love and turned a young life

Into a shadow of sadness!”

But the sound of whispers disappear

As I walk along the corners

Of the street which

Once upon a time was our street.



Time after time your shadow appears

In my mind’s eyes

To remind me always

Of the game of shadows we played

Where you jumped and landed

Right on the shadow of my head

Is it too late now

To let you know

That you landed on my heart ?



You’d passed on

To another life; for another game of shadows

But, I wonder how you’d play

Cause your shadow remains

Here in my heart.



Worlds apart dreaming of you

Trying to catch the flashes of our lives

Is all I do when I’m alone

I’ll follow your shadow

Until loneliness and tears

Put me away to eternal sleep

Then I’ll awake!

To play a game of shadows

Forever with you.

(Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at 9:30pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment