Sunday, September 05, 2010

On Teacher's Day

When I look back at my school days, I can't help wondering what our teachers used to do in the class. Some would just come in to tell us to read and then fall asleep, only to wake up when the bell goes 'blang' with our chowkidar hitting the same with all his muscular arm. Well I never wanted to be like them. They were never my role models. I remember wanting to become a Police officer, roaming around with a strong stick, with pistol hanging tightly around their belt! Yeah, it was easy to have such dreams in those days, when you switched on television and saw Dharmendra and Vinod Khanna roaming around as Police officers, fighting the bandits..they looked so cool! So, if you were a boy, growing up with those movies and wanted to become a teacher..people would say you were nuts! Time passed or let's just say I grew up and became a teacher. Yes, I know. It was never my dream to become a teacher. But, sometimes dreams just vaporised with the ever rising temperature..lol. As a teacher, there are so many things I would like to write on this particular day..my secrets :) but, I gotta do my lesson plan and I dont have enough time right now..so..Happy Teacher's Day to all the teachers in the world...remember, we touch lives..we are creating better world citizens..we are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment